Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sick of Diarrhea.

BabyM has it again. 3 days of diarrhea and not eating. Remember the story of her pooping in the tub? Actually, I don't remember if I blogged about that one. She pooped in the tub, and although I was in the bathroom with her, it took me about 5 seconds to notice and she might have put bathwater in her mouth. I mean, I didn't see her do it, but she puts a lot of things in her mouth, so I wasn't sure.

It appears that she did...or she put someone's poop in her mouth, because she has another infection. Thankfully there is a lab just down the street, and we didn't even have to make a dr. appointment. It is a little routine by now so I just called the doc and we picked up the lab order, delivered the poop and the results of the tests, and called him back to find out what she needed to take.

I am really tired of this battle. I don't know if we are going to be battling this as long as we have kids, as long as we live in a 3rd world country, or what. And I am also sick of hearing how some babies are just small, and don't worry so much, and she'll eat when she wants to, and "my baby was the same way." Unless you have lived in a 3rd world country where your baby has had chronic diarrhea and therfore anemia and being (according to the doctor) grossly underweight, you don't understand the stress when your baby won't eat for 3 days. Or when you don't have to change a diaper more than 2 times a day b/c she won't drink anything either.

Don't get me wrong. She really is fine. She has been eating fairly well since we got back from the states (in Feb), yet she just can't seem to get ahead on her weight. I don't even want to know what she weighs now. It will just depress me and there is nothing I can do about it. Every couple of weeks she has something new (a cold, a sore throat, we are travelling, diarrhea, teething) and doesn't eat much. We can't even get an accurate reading on her weight, b/c she loses every time one of these things happen.

But she's beautiful and fun and charming.

She is also super fussy, which makes sense since she can't be feeling all that well.
She rubs food in her hair when she's finished eating.
You can point to her and in a very serious voice demand "Be cute!" and she smiles and acts very demure and sweet.
When we sit down in her chair in her room before naps and night time, she points to her nightstand and says "boo k" while sighning book with her hands.
When I take her clothes off (for whatever reason) she says "I wan batch" which means that she wants a bath.
"unch" means she wants a drink, "bah" with her tongue sticking out at the end means "ball." She even says "I wan datch" or "I wan ditch" which is "I want that" and "this" respectively.
She sings the ABC's along with her leapfrog toy (all the letters are variations of eh, ah, ot, oot, it, aht).
She also dances by sticking out her rear end and sort of bouncing.
Anytime anyone claps, she claps, and she throws a monster fit if she doesn't get what she wants. If she is tired, she will lay down on the tile floor, and she startles big time if you "catch" her doing something she knows that she shouldn't.
She loves to "talk" on the phone and she loves to play with BoyD's dinosaurs and race cars.
She just copies him and plays with them like he does.
She also "steels" things from people and then tries to hide them under her arm when confronted.
She's a sneeky little booger that likes to get scared (like I hide around a corner and say "boo" when she comes into view.)

Anyway, keep praying for her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys. You're such a good mommy, Jenny. I can't imagine how hard this is, but just know, whenever we have children, I hope we can be half the parents you and Brandon are. Love you ~ you're an inspiration; you'll get through this.
-Lisa B.

Alicia said...

I'm praying for you and baby M. I'm sure you are doing it all to help and get to the bottom of this. I have a child with autism and we have dealt with some similar issues over the last 6 years. Probiotics have been a big help (definitely not a cure all) for our son. Just a thought. Blessings.

Alicia said...

Oh gosh, how incredibly stressful! I'll be praying for you guys. Get better, and stay better, little baby gut!

By the way, Hannah startles when she's caught red-handed too. It cracks me up...stinkers. I think BabyM and Hannah would be great friends (if we lived in the same country!!). Hannah LOVES when I let her sit on my lap and look at the pictures on your blog. =)

Brandon and Jenny said...

Thanks so much, you guys. Sorry, if I cam across a little bitter. I really am not. I just had an hour or so of depression regarding BabyM's gut. I really do appreciate the encouragement!

Schweers' Mom said...

Jenny, I am so, so sorry. In an effort to comfort each other, we often say the wrong things, don't we (myself included!)? I'm so thankful you have a lab close by and you obviously have a good relationship with your dr. What a hassle for you. I am praying for you. Praying for your poop situation will keep my mind from focusing on our poopy situation! =-)
Love you!

Mike Messerli said...

she's a beautiful girl. and she has grown up so quickly. thanks for the photo.