Thursday, January 06, 2011

Body After Baby Challenge Week 6 (I think)

I have not moved one bit since my last post a few days ago. I have also not worked out once (well...I went to the park but I mostly just stood there) since my last post. I have eaten ok. I did drink a lot of water yesterday. So there is really nothing to post, except that Samantha over at Mama Notes is adding to her Body After Baby Challenge. She is making a 30 day challenge.

She is going to be using The Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels as her first 30 day challenge. Well, I don't have that DVD and can't get it, so I am going to commit to join her in this challenge, but a bit differently.

I will be using Workouts On Demand which is basically an on-line workout class. I paid $3.25 for a month (it is more after the first month b/c there is a 75% discount for the first month) and I have access to a bunch of streaming or downloadable workout videos, a fitness journal, and a food tracker. Also, I will be using a yoga video that I have, as well as a pilates video. I may even venture out to the garage to use the treadmill. I am going to ask Brandon to give me 30minutes (from 6am to 6:30am) 5 days a week to work out.

I am also going to cut out white sugar for the following 30 days w/ a couple of exceptions. I will still eat my 1oz. of chocolate a day (if I want it) and I will eat birthday cake on my kids birthdays. I will still put honey in my tea, natural fruit jelly on my toast, etc. I am also going to try my best to avoid while flours. I can't get all whole wheat things like in the states, but I can decrease my white flour intake somewhat.

Here is the thing...I weigh between 132.5 and 135 (depending on the day) and am 5'6". I am not fat. I am not even really overweight. Yes, I would like to get down to 125 or so so that I can start my later portion of life skinny. But if I lose some loose flab and replace it with muscle then I may not can get that low. All that to say, the number on the scale is less important that the following: toned arms and legs, flatter tummy, more energy, and keeping my body in peak condition (my mom has arthritis so bad that it is hard for her to get up and down from the floor, do any workouts other than walking and swimming, and her body just generally doesn't work that well). When I'm 60, I want to be almost as active as I am now.

I may take some measurements and track my progress in inches instead of lbs. Or maybe both. Not sure.

Ok, I could use your encouragement and your prayers. This is going to be hard with 3 kids 5 and under.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You can do it! That's great that you're already at a great weight. Getting in shape is always good though :)