Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Body AFter Baby: 30 day challenge update

For all those mamas who are struggling with their weight/self image...for all of those mamas who desire beauty...listen to this:


(if you don't see a youtube video to click, please go to this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv2DUEsoKUA)

Ok...I have officially finished 2 weeks of my 30 day challenge. I am proud to say that I worked out every single day! Yeah, me! I was never short on my water intake! Yeah, me! And I was intensely controlled with my eating. I basically didn't eat any sugar (except for my chocolate and cake at a party) and I only overate once! That was huge for me. I cut out evening snacks and had a TON of energy! Even getting less than 7 hrs sleep every night, I managed to make it through each day w/o dragging. That has been the biggest thing that I have noticed. I feel great. I feel fitter and healthier.

My struggle: Ok...I know I'm only supposed to weigh once a week. I weighed last Friday (my update day) and I had gained a pound. I measured myself (with a different tape b/c I lost mine) and I had gotten bigger! I was so discouraged. I mean, I don't really want to put forth all this effort for nothing. Now...I know that weight can fluctuate from day to day. I get that. And I know that I switched tapes and I was consistently 1/4 inch bigger so it could really be my measuring or the tape. So...to feel better, I weighed myself again on Monday (after really not dieting at all on Sunday) and I was down 4 lbs from Friday. Makes no sense. So if I only weigh once a week, how do I really know if that weight is accurate or not????

This week my weight is the same. As far as measurements: I think I actually shrunk a couple of cm. (I am not using inches b/c I will loose cm faster b/c they are smaller! LOL!) Not exactly sure the details, but I feel good.

The final thing...I think my milk supply is on the decrease. I may have been cutting too many calories too quickly. I am going to go back to the way I was eating before (not trying to limit portions too much...eating slow and eating until full, etc) except I will keep out the sweets.

And I still love Workouts on Demand...it is not for the fitness guru. I mean, I haven't tried all of the videos, yet, but they aren't super hard, but they do get me moving and a couple of them have really made me sore the next day! Always a good sign. Check it out if you can.

No comments: