Monday, December 18, 2006

Stateside


I am not sure how it feels to be here in the good old US of A. I mean I am glad to be here for the holidays, and I am SO enjoying my family and the very cold weather. I like the food and the ease of living (like microwave noodle dishes) as well as flushing my toilet paper.

I miss Spanish. I miss my friends there. I miss the mountains and the walks to the bread store and well...I miss Guatemala.

Really, I don't want to take any steps back in terms of our adjustment to the language and the culture. Everyone said that we would, and I really don't want to.

So, for the moment, I will enjoy where I am. I will enjoy my family and the fellowship and the Holiday season.
And then, I will enjoy going home after the holidays.

Please tell me where you are, and tell me why you enjoy it! I look forward to hearing about it!

Merry Chrismass!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hello, I am in Lewisville and I love the holiday season because it brings everyone together for a specific purpose. Planning and preparing meals and time together is wonderful and not always possible with busy lives. I enjoying reading about you and your husband adventure I think about you often and am praying for you daily. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, it was great talking for you the short while I had the internet. Internet like a lot of other things is not always a certainty here. I will try and get ahold of y'all in person sometime and share more with what I've been up to in Russia. That's it!

Se dice en Mejico con mucha frequencia, Vaya con Dios! Asi es en Guatemala?

Daniel

P.S. Estoy orando por ustedes!

Brandon and Jenny said...

Thanks for the input!