Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Plans Change

(Deacon and Pa-Pa in Lubbock)

Plans change. Well, we are staying in the states longer than we anticipated. I am having a minor outpatient surgery on Friday and so will stay in Lubbock for an extra week. Don't worry, everything is just fine, it is just a little thing that needs to get done...so we're doing it.

Any way, I still have mixed feelings. The longer that we are here, the more that I get "used" to American things that make life a little more comfortable. I don't want to get used to it. But, I am not going to complain about an extra week with my parents and other family. This will also give us some time to visit a few people while we are here.

Please pray for me. Please pray that I can be diligent to use this extra week to study spanish. Please pray that my little "procedure" goes well. Please pray that God will keep Guatemala "home" in our minds so that we can continue our transition there so that we don't start all over when we do return. 7 weeks in Guatemala...almost 4 in the states. WE NEED TO GET BACK. It will be a while before we come back again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you as there is no good time for "minor surgery"...what a pain. I am sure it will be worth it, whatever the issue us. Thank goodness for wonderful Doctors who will schedule us in when we "must get it done". We love you guys.

Kim

P.S. I am still having problems signing in under my blogger name

Schweers' Mom said...

You will be surprised how quickly you will fall right back into the swing of things when you get "home". Won't it be exciting to see what God's got in store for you ALL this year in Guatemala?

Praying for the procedure!