Monday, August 20, 2007

The worst of sinners

"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - and I am the worst of them! But here is why I was treated with mercy: so that in me as the worst, Christ Jesus could demonstrate his utmost patience, as an example for those who are going to believe in Him for eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever! Amen"
Words of Paul in 1 Timothy 1:15-17

I am both humbled and encouraged by this. Why do we ever become judgmental? Why do we ever get self-righteous or hide our sins from ourselves or others! The unending patience that Jesus shows me and the mercy to save me (the worst of sinners....have to be worst than Paul!) is a testimony...an example! Maybe one of the issues is how often we are not even around those who don't believe enough for us to be that example. Just a thought.

This makes me want to be bold in the mercy and grace of our Lord Jesus!

Be encouraged and urged on as I am.

1 comment:

cookiehawk77 said...

I agree! I think God can use us more when we're transparent than when we act like we have it all together all the time. And being honest about our own sins might help us to be more forgiving and less judgmental of others. Oh, for more boldness!

Thanks! You encouraged me!