Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Scott Family Responsible Child Boot Camp: Day 2

Well, Day 1 of the Scott Family Responsible Child Boot Camp went much better than I expected.  We didn't get to everything because LittleK and I are both sort of sick.  Well, LittleK is very sick with throat infection (we actually took him to the doctor) and I am sick with a cold or something that makes me feel pretty crappy, but not bad enough to stay in bed.  Plus, we had a surprise visitor which was so much fun, but sort of threw us off our schedule. And, it gave the kids excellent practice with polite greetings! Those kind of interruptions aren't all that unusual for us anyway.

So, all that to say, the kids were very helpful, enjoyed the games, and generally had great attitudes about everything.  I even had kids washing clothes (extra work) without me asking.  I was a little lazy this afternoon seeing as I felt pretty crummy, so they started to get lazy, too.

So, Day 2 is going to be a repeat of Day 1, except that we will be having the Quiet Game for 3, 4, then 5 minutes.  We will be practicing way more of the Code Word Calling game, as they had fun with that.

Please pray that LittleK and I feel better today, as it makes it less fun when there are fevers.  Plus today is busy with dentist appointments, errands, etc.

Hopefully I'll feel better and I can give a more detailed report.  But either way, I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: