My To-Be list: (in no particular order)
1. I desire to be an excellent manager of our home
2. I desire to be a woman totally dependent on the Father as evidenced by having the mind of Christ
3. I desire to be an attentive, patient, and wise mommy
4. I desire to be HUMBLE
5. I desire to be an available servant of the Most High and a minister of the whole gospel as He leads.
Now, it seems that I have things on my goals list that may or may not have anything to do with accomplishing those "to-be's" and so I think they need to be revised.
2. Learn French. At least some French. We are going to be doing it as part of home school and it will be good for BabyJ who will be joining our family this summer (we think). Check - this one we're doing. Not as quickly as I would have liked, but I know some greetings, about the weather, and the names of some foods. :) I'm keeping this on as I really believe that it helps to accomplish goal number 3 for our newest son, BabyJ.
4. Consistently get enough sleep. Sleep in when I can, go to bed early when I can, take naps when I can. I am a better wife and mommy if I have slept. I need to be a good steward of my body. I'm still trying really hard at this one. This is a non-negotiable. I am doing much better at this than I have ever done before.
2. Home school the kids with consistency, attention, and pre-planned activities for LittleK to do. Less spontaneity in our schedule so I'm not frantic to get done by the end of the year. So far so good! I'm sticking to this much better this year and it helps that the curriculum is better for both BoyD and me, and although I'm not changing this goal, I do want to clarify it. I will do school, but I'm gonna lighten up about getting it all done every day. Having a brilliant son who doesn't want to work has caused more problems for me...actually, the problems are caused by my sinful nature, lack of patience, lack of wisdom on how to handle it. So I'm working on me in this regard. Better said, I'm stepping aside and asking the Lord to work on me a little bit. (To-be number 4)
2. Be a flirtier wife. :) Amen...going pretty well. I'm gonna keep this one intact!
1. Create and maintain a mending basket. A place where I keep all things to be repaired, and a time each week that I set aside for mending. Ok...I did get all the things to mend separated and on a visible shelf. So, I'm on target with this goal. I'm gonna keep it for the sake of to-be #1.
Social Goals: Both of these I'm keeping...they go to to-be numbers 1-5. Speaking of this, I need to call the girls and get them together! We even had our first Spanish couple's study and it was fun.
1. Meet once a month with my Gringa girl's Bible study for prayer and encouragement.
2. Have a Spanish couples Bible study weekly or bimonthly.