Just in case you have any desire to know what is going on in our lives! :)
BabyK is now 5 1/2 weeks old. He is starting to smile. He was (at one point) sleeping 6 hours straight at night, but is now back to waking every 3 hours at night to eat. Sigh. I'm tired, but I know it won't last forever.
Both BoyD and GirlM are adjusting well to the new baby. GirlM is very interested in the baby, but also wants to be in my arms a lot. She is a lot fussier. But, she is eating better and hopefully gaining a little weight.
(The kiddos in a "roller coaster" inside their "house")
The coolest thing I have noticed with the new baby coming and moving back to Guatemala is how well the other two are getting along. They play together all the time. BoyD looks out for his sister and sees her as a friend. They bicker and whine, but overall, they are good buds.
We are trying to unpack. It is really hard to do with 3 kids underfoot making messes as we area cleaning them up. Poco a poco. (Little by little)
BabyK gets way too few baths. He got is first in the tub bath this morning. He was getting a little rank and crusty.
After bath was time for his first cloth diaper! Yeah! Finally! We have been battling a diaper rash b/c the kid poops all the time. Now that the rash is better, I put him in cloth.
The above pictured diaper is one that I made for him. I made it out of Brandon's old t-shirts and it is super soft! I am pretty proud of it, although he is about to grow out of it because it took us 5 weeks to get rid of his diaper rash.
Ok...on to a little more personal note.
I'm very homesick. I miss my mom. I miss clean water and ATM machines and reasonably priced baby equipment. I miss English TV shows. I don't yet feel at home here even though it feels like home because we still aren't unpacked. I feel a little like a stranger again here. The states feel like home but we didn't really feel at home entirely there either because we never had our own space. (Although we were so blessed to have people to stay with that made us feel welcome and gave us as much space as their houses would allow!)
My life feels very out of sorts. I am not used to this as I am a little anal about organization and routine and structure.
- I still can't wear my clothes (and we are going to Disney World in 1 week!). I have 15 more pounds to lose. (with my other kids, I was at pre-preggo weight by 6 weeks...I am getting older, I guess)
- I don't have my closet or my kids' closets organized yet so I don't know wear my socks are or the 3 pair of sweat pants that I can wear.
- My kids have not watched TV (thankfully), but have received no education in a long time.
- I don't have any kind of routine as I am getting out of bed at around 9am every morning.
- I haven't read my Bible in I don't know how long.
Back to work, I guess.